About our family

My photo
Jason, Sherri, LilyAnn, Colby, and Justin. LilyAnn and Colby live with their mother. We see them once per month.

My Favorite Pic's!

Monday, February 11, 2008

So here we sit...

Still driving to the hospital everyday to see Justin. He has been there for a week yesterday. The nurses are fantastic and we are very apprecitive of the love and concern they have for him. On the flip side of that coin, we have been there seven days and have yet to speak to a doctor. Justin is eating 35 ml's on his every three hour schedule and the rest, 10 ml's, has to go down the tube. My issue is, he is doing nothing different than regular babies. His breathing is where it needs to be. However, the doctors continue to follow some mathmatical equasion saying he needs to eat more. 45ml's per 3 hours! Even the nurses think that is a lot. We have requested a meeting with the doctor so we can ask him several question's (not listed here) and find out exactly what is going on. I may tell him what is going on. So we shall see if he even calls. Evidently the rule is, Justin has to eat 45ml's every feeding for 2 days (no tube) before he can come home. I am calling "CRUD" on that one. That is one of my questions. I feel they are treating the "liability" rather than the patient. I understand how mathmatics fit's into medecine but Justin is not a math problem. He is our baby and we beleive he should come home. They are using the speech therapist everyday, probably will start on physical therapy (not sure why on either). I feel like they just want the "visits" so they can all have a peice of the insurable pie. Well, not on my kid. They need to go earn their money.

1 comment:

Lynette said...

I'm so sorry that your doctors are so stupid! I get SOOOO sick of the insurance thing. What a freakin joke. Keep us posted after you tell the docs what's up!